Monday, June 28, 2010

6/28/2010 I finally found It!!

Earliest Concept Art:
Today I found the folder that contained my earliest concepts for my book. These images were drawn several years ago and contain the earliest ideas I had for the story. I had packed the folder away when I moved and could not find it. I am happy to have it back as it contained my storyboards for the entire story. Now I can move forward on some more drawings.


Establishing shot: These images are of Melvin working on the farm. It shows his home in the woods and Melvin at work.











My earliest image of Melvin's response to the Infomercial. It's interesting to see how close I came to this in my final image as i had not seen this for a long time.





Robot concept art: My earliest concept for the Robot in my story looked like this:
I called him the GardenBot or the GB 5000. But that does not exactly roll off the tongue..
Now that i see this again I kind of like him better than the I*Bot.


Melvin peers out the window at the GardenBot hard at work. Notice another concept design for robot as reflected in the window..

1 comment:

  1. Hey ! - things seem to be slowin' up around here [ ? ] ! . . . . . I hope things are going as planned with the deadline. We're watching you and Melvyn pretty closely. Glad you found your sketches - I remember these well.

    ReplyDelete